Daring with Ukrainian women !5 places in Kiev, that you have to visitRegister for free!
Andrew's descent - the second most popular street in Kiev after the Downtown, the center of craftsmen, antique dealers and artists, as well as a monument to urban planning of local importance. The descent leads from Vladimir streets to Tithe and Kontraktova Square Located at the hem. The upper part of the descent existed at the time of Kievan Rus', and combining Old Kiev and hem ran between St. Andrew and the Castle Hill. The name of the descent is in honor of St. Andrew, because according to the Chronicle of Nestor, about two thousand years ago, the apostle Andrew blessed slopes of the Dnieper and predicted the emergence of a great Christian city. At the spot where once stood Andrew, later built a church named after him.
Kiev-Pechersk Lavra - one of the first of the founding of monasteries in the Old Russian state. Founded in 1051 by Yaroslav the Wise monk Antony, a native of Liubech and his disciple Theodosius. Prince Svyatoslav II Yaroslavich gave the monastery a plateau above the caves, where he later rose beautiful stone temples decorated with paintings, cells, towers and other structures. From the monastery associated with the names of the chronicler Nestor (author of "The Tale of Bygone Years"), the artist Alypy.
C 1592-th to 1688-th was stavropegic Patriarch of Constantinople; since 1688 the monastery received the status of Lavra and became a "royal Stavropigion and patriarch of Moscow"; in 1786 Lavra was subordinated to the metropolitan of Kiev, who became her svyaschennoarhimandritom.
In the Near and Far Caves Monastery lie incorrupt relics of the saints of God, as the abbey and burial of the laity (for example, the tomb of Peter Stolypin).
Currently, the lower Monastery is run by the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate), and the upper Laurel - administered by the National Kiev-Pechersk Historical and Cultural Reserve.
Mariinsky park - a park in Kiev, located in front of the Supreme Council of Ukraine and the Mariinsky Palace, between the street Hrushevsky and parkways.
Park founded in 1874 on the project gardener AG Nedzelskiy on-site Palace Square and the military parade ground, where parades.
The park area of 8.9 hectares is designed in landscape style. Quiet, shaded, with old lindens, maples and chestnut trees, the park is a unique monument of landscape art of the past.
The park has more than 80 species of trees, among them - ailanthus, Amur velvet, Bunduchi Canadian, Schwedler maple, Sophora japonica, and others.
Because of the proximity of the park to the buildings that house the highest bodies of state power of Ukraine, it has repeatedly placed the tent cities to protest against this or that political decisions.
Khreshchatyk - Kiev's main street. Length - 1.3 km, direction - from north to south. It starts from the European Square, passing through Independence Square and ends Bessarabia Square.
The street name comes from Kreschaty Yar (that is crossed-cross beams, ravines). In the documents of the XVII century the whole area was called Kreshchataja Valley.
The street is built up as a single architectural ensemble. Downtown width increased to 75 meters. Profile street asymmetrical - roadway 24 meters, two sidewalks to 14 meters each, separated from the carriageway near the trees, and the boulevard (Red) on the right side, that separate residential development from the roadway.
Golden Gate in Kiev - one of the few buildings of Kievan Rus, extant. Golden Gate - a unique structure in the defensive system of the city. In the XI century, together with the Sofia, Lyadsky and Lviv gate, rampart and ditch, they were unified defense system in Kiev, created at the behest of Yaroslav the Wise. Golden Gate was built approximately in the years 1017-1037 (the gates are mentioned in the annals of 1037). Above the gate was built Church of the Annunciation, where the first Russian Metropolitan Hilarion said the famous "Sermon on Law and Grace". By the end of XX century, the Golden Gate were a pathetic ruins. In order to preserve the city's main landmark, in 1970 the Kyiv authorities decided to rebuild them again. The opening of the new Golden Gate took place in May 1982, the year of the 1500th anniversary of Kiev.